A great benefit of dog ownership is to have a reliable guard dog to let you know when something is wrong. However, it is less enjoyable when your dog barks nonstop at three in the morning, waking up half the neighborhood. As much as you adore the little rascal, you just wish she would relax and go to bed.
Barking is a completely normal thing for your dog to do. But what happens when it seems like too much? There could be something bothering them. The good news is that there may be something that can help your dog to be less vocal. Here’s why dogs bark and a potential remedy for excessive barking: CBD dog treats.
What Does It Mean When Your Dog Barks?
It’s essential to learn why a dog barks. Barking is their only way of communicating. They have to bark to let you know what they want. They bark to try to express how they feel. They are a little like a baby. Take a newborn, for example, that cries all the time because that is the only way the baby knows how to express itself. So, your dog could be hungry at times, but he could also be stressed or scared.
Some typical reasons that your dog may be barking include the following:
- Territorial: Most animals are territorial, and some dog breeds are more territorial than others. If there is a cat or another dog that your dog feels is stepping on “their spot,” then they will bark at it.
- Fear: Scared dogs will often bark. Though, sometimes it is intimidation tactics.
- Anxiety: Your dog could suffer from excessive worry and fear. Other symptoms of stress could include:
- Destructive habits
- Repetitive movements
- Wanting attention: Dogs will bark to get your attention. He may want you to rub his belly or take him for a walk.
- Separation anxiety: Your dog misses you. Dogs don’t enjoy being away from their owners for very long, so sometimes, if they bark a lot, they need you to come to spend some time with them to cheer them up.
- Bored: Sometimes dogs get bored and bark. A dog needs to be busy — if not, sometimes destructive behaviors will surface. Give your dog plenty of toys or things to chew on and chase so they don’t get too bored, especially when you’re away.
- Playing: Certain dog breeds love to bark when they are playing. You may have one who does that when playing with a stuffed animal and throwing it around. It’s just part of the game for them to bark.
- Excited: Your dog could get excited and bark because he sees the mailman again. Or it could be almost time to eat; he is excited and knows you are about to bring him a treat.
- Barking at something: It could be a rabbit or a bug. Dogs like to bark at things that are moving. Depending on where you live, there may be a lot of things for your dog to bark at.
- Other dogs are barking: If all the neighborhood dogs start barking together, your dog may choose to pitch in. One reason is that they sense danger and feel like they should join in with the others to alert the threat to you. Sometimes your dog can just be mimicking other dogs.
What Are the Symptoms of Excessive Barking?
We’ve covered most of the reasons why dogs bark. So, why do dogs bark excessively? There are many reasons why your dog could be barking too much. For example, they could bark if something is causing them stress. Although too much barking can indicate an underlying medical condition. So if you get your dog some toys or take them for more walks and they still seem to be barking excessively, you may want to take them to the vet for a check-up.
CBD Dog Treats for Dog Barking
Are you wondering how to stop a barking dog? CBD dog treats may be what you’re searching for.
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a central ingredient in hemp and cannabis. Our bodies feature an endocannabinoid system, and dogs have one too. CBD is safe and doesn’t have harmful side effects.
CBD treats help reduce your dog’s stress and feelings of anxiety. If your dog is calmer, its barking will also subside. CBD dog treats are a popular and promising way to get pets to calm down. For example, if your dog doesn’t like trips to the vet, a CBD dog treat can help if you give it to them a few hours before the trip.
It is an excellent choice to help calm them down, but if your dog has pain, it may also ease symptoms of pain and mobility problems.
On a side note, more recently, a study found that CBD oil reduced seizure activity in dogs with epilepsy.
So, if your dog has mobility issues or pain, CBD can also help.
Now that you know CBD for barking dogs can relieve some excessive barking, what’s next?
Tips for Choosing the Right CBD Treats for Your Dog
If you wonder which product to get for your dog, there are several ways to decide. If you have a large dog, then you will want to try CBD dog treat chews in a larger amount. At CDB Direct Club, they offer a 10mg dog chew and a 5mg dog chew. Their chews also come with passionflower, ginger, and valerian to add extra calm and support for your dog. Or, if you want to try the oil instead, they offer two different sizes of the oil as well. They have a CBD Pet Tincture in 500mg and a CBD Pet Tincture in 1000mg.
If you want CBD for dog barking, you can’t go wrong with CBD Direct Club. With the choice between the chews and the tincture, you can be sure that you will get a high-quality product for a reasonable price. So, check out CBD Direct Club today and try one of their CBD products for pets.